Read the – User Guide – to get up and running within a couple of minutes.
Upon installing CubeiTz you will see the CubeiTz login screen appear in the middle of your screen. Register an account and we will send you a temporary password (check your spam or junk folder if you do not see your registration email in your inbox).
If you are running the Lite version you can only use certain features of CubeiTz for free. You can receive encrypted files from your Contacts, and you can store encrypted data on your HD. All other features and functions are available when you purchase the full version.
To register a license key, select ‘Settings’ in the dock bar > License > add your license key with the supplier prefix > You will see a message informing you the registration is processing > You will then receive a message informing you the registration is valid. You can now access to all the features of CubeiTz.
Login to CubeiTz and you will see the CubeiTz dock appear at the top middle of your screen –
Here you will find options to open the CubeiTz interface, add contacts, Help and Settings (change your password here).
CubeiTz detects the storage locations you have available: Local, external and cloud storage (CubeiTz supports cloud storage for Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, Box & OneDrive).
You can switch between your storage locations by selecting the storage location on the left panel of the main interface.
You can move your content between storage locations by selecting the item > right click > move to external source.
Ease of Use
Our drag-and-drop interface makes CubeiTz simple to use. Drag and drop files or folders from your computer into the main CubeiTz window where they will be encrypted and stored in the selected storage location using 1 Million Bits of encryption.
Items imported into CubeiTz are completely removed/deleted from your computer/operating system by a military grade wipe, leaving zero trace.
When you want to work on or view encrypted document/data > double click it > the data will be decrypted and an application associated with the data will open.
All data decrypted from CubeiTz will reside in the ‘CubeiTz Unencrypted’ folder found on your desktop > Rename the document/data you are working on and drag it back into CubeiTz from the Unencrypted folder, from where it will be deleted/wiped from memory.
Note : The military grade wipe only works on individual files imported into CubeiTz. If you drag a folder into CubeiTz, the military grade wipe will not work. This is in case a user inadvertently imports a system folder, which would have dire effects on the computer.
You can drag content directly into CubeiTz or create cubes to help you organise your content. Drag and drop files inside the cubes you have created. You can even drag and drop cubes into other cubes to create a longer hierarchy, for example; Car –> Ford –> Photos –> Image.jpg.
Move content around CubeiTz by either dropping Cubes/folders or files onto the Home icon or by moving it up a level by dropping it onto the back icon
Creating a Cube
- Open the CubeiTz interface by clicking the ‘CubeiTz’ icon located on the left of the dock bar.
- Click the folder/cube icon inside at the top of the main window –
- A window will appear. Enter your Cube name.
- Drag an image from your browser or desktop onto the folder image, this changes the folder to a customisable cube. You can create a library of images for future use by dropping images into the ‘pre-defined picture’ section.
- If you are happy with the Cube, click Create.
- You have successfully created your first Cube.
Sharing (Data Guard only)
Toggle the sharing option On/Off by clicking the ‘Share’ icon.
CubeiTz allows you to share encrypted files with your CubeiTz contacts.
Add contacts via the contact button (your contact will receive an email informing them you have either connected with them or you have requested a contact with them via CubeiTz).
To start sharing, click the ‘Share’ icon . You will see the main interface split into two. The bottom half will show your contacts on the left hand side and the files you have shared with that contact. To share a file select a contact and drag and drop files or cubes from the stored area into the bottom window or drag files from your desktop straight into the ‘Shared’ area (bottom window) where the content is shared directly to the selected contact. Again you can create cubes in the Shared area to organise your shared content.
– You can see where you are in the interface at any time by checking the breadcrumb trail which is located top right of the stored or shared area. The breadcrumb will look similar to the following: /Car/Ford/Photos.
– Delete content – Select the Cube/Folder/File you want to delete – right-click ‘Delete Selected’.
– Search allows you to easily find content stored in CubeiTz.
You can toggle the search option On/Off by clicking the ‘Search’ icon.
Enter a search term, click enter/return and the results will be displayed.
– To download a file, double-click it and it will download it to the desktop where you can make changes to the file before re-uploading.