CubeITz Ltd recognises that respecting user privacy over the Internet is of utmost importance.
This privacy statement is designed to provide information about the privacy and data collection practices for the site: www.cubeitz.com
The Site is operated by CubeITz Ltd.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact our site coordinator at email@example.com or by postal mail to:
159 Golflinks Road
Welcome to CubeITz, a service provided by CubeITz Limited (“CubeITz”, “we” “our”, “us”).
- Our principles with respect to your data and your privacy
- The information we collect about you
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- Your choices with respect to your personal information
- How to contact us regarding privacy issues
We have a pretty simple approach to data protection and privacy, which can be summarised as follows:
You should know exactly what we do with your data
You should have full control over your data
We’ve designed the CubeITz to give you control over the information you publish and share using CubeITz. and other sites and services to which you connect your CubeITz account. Please take full advantage of these tools and make sure you only share what you want to share.
Information we collect about you
We collect personal information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You don’t need to provide us with any personal information in order to visit the Website. However, certain Services do require that you register for a CubeITz account and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain personal information:
- Essential Information: When you register any kind of CubeITz account, you will need to provide your email address and choose a password. In addition, if you register a premium account, you will also need to provide your real name, address and payment verification information.
- Profile Information: You may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on CubeITz. – for example:
- Your real name
- A user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym)
- The city and country in which you live
- A profile picture or avatar
- Details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those websites and profiles
- None of this profile information is mandatory, and any information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time. For more information, see the Choice and Control section below.
- Information from Correspondence: You will provide certain personal information if you contact us by email, use any of the web forms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey Information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal information as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal information when you upload content to the Platform, or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform, or through the use of web analytics services as described in our Cookies Policy. This information includes:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- The site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- The specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, uploading of content, connecting your Facebook or Google+ account, sharing content with other users, following or unfollowing another Cube, joining or leaving a shared Container, posting a comment, or performing a search
- Any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- The time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- Your browser type and operating system
- The nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device
- Information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described in our Cookies Policy
- Information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
How we use your personal information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform.
- Any additional information that you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself.
- If you subscribe to a premium account, your name, address and payment verification information will be used to process your account subscription and to collect your payment. All payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. CubeITz also complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
- Your email address will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (if you have elected to receive them using your account preferences) newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications. For information about how to change your preferences, and to unsubscribe from newsletters, marketing messages and email notifications, please see the Choice and Control section, below.
- If you are a Facebook user, and one of your Facebook friends registers for a CubeiTz account, we will suggest to your Facebook friend that you might be someone they may wish to connect with on CubeiTz.
- If you are a Facebook user and sign up using Facebook, we may also use the information we receive about you from Facebook to suggest or connect you to users that you may wish to follow on CubeiTz. It will be up to you if you choose to connect with these users and you can remove them at any time.
- If you are a Google+ user, and one of your Google+ friends registers for a CubeiTz account, we will suggest to your Google+ friend that you might be someone they may wish to follow on CubeiTz.
- If you are a Google+ user and sign up using Google+, we may also use the information we receive about you from Google to suggest or connect you to users that you may wish to follow on CubeiTz. It will be up to you if you choose to follow these users and you can unfollow them at any time.
- Your personal information is also used for the following general purposes:
- To operate and maintain your CubeiTz account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time.
- To identify you as the creator of the content that you upload, the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyse the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support
- To provide other users with data regarding uploaded content.
- To analyse the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Services, in order to improve CubeITz..
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
- For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal information.
Sharing of your personal information
- Other Users: Any personal information in your public profile (other than your email address) will be accessible by other users of the Platform, who may view your profile information, and comment in any of your public content, add themselves to your list of friends, and send you messages.
- With your consent: We will disclose your personal information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
- Service Providers: We use certain reputable third parties, some of whom may be located outside of the European Economic Area, to provide us with certain specialized services related to the Platform. These third parties will have access to certain information about you, but only where this is necessary in order for those third parties to provide their services to us. Where we transfer personal information to these third parties, we ask and require these third parties to implement appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorised disclosure of personal information, and only to process personal information in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us.
- Users of our API: CubeITz has an open API, which enables application developers to integrate elements of the Platform into exciting new apps. Some of these developers may be located outside of the European Economic Area. Any personal information that you choose to make public on the Platform, including your public profile information and any public material, may be accessible to these developers. Please bear this in mind when deciding what information to publish on your profile. For information on how to limit the information that is available over the API, please see the Choice and Control section below.
- Other networks and connected apps: If you choose to connect your CubeITz account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or Twitter, you will be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. In the case of Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or Twitter, any public material that you post on CubeITz. or any new favourites will be shared to those networks and will be visible to your followers and friends on those networks. In the case of connected apps, you will need to provide the app developer with full access to your CubeITz account in order to upload and download material, or comment on material from within the app. This will mean sharing your public information. CubeITz is not responsible for these other apps or networks, so please make sure you only connect your account with apps or services that you trust. For information on how to control the information that your share, and how to disconnect your account from other networks or apps, please see the Choice and Control section below.
- As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Platform in order to create statistical information regarding the Platform and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
- If required by law: We will disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your personal information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the CubeITz community.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your personal information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of CubeITz, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Cookies and similar technology
Choice and Control
We do our best to give you as much choice as possible regarding the amount of personal information you provide to us, and the control you have over that information.
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any information in order to visit the Website, although certain information will be collected automatically by virtue of your visit (as described above). However, if you do decide to register a CubeiTz account, you can control your personal information in the following ways.
Check out the Email tab within your Settings page on the Website. When you are logged in to your account, you can access your Settings by clicking on your profile picture at the top of the screen, and selecting Settings from the drop down menu.
From the Email tab you can tell us:
- Which email notifications (if any) you would like to receive from us; and
- Any additional or alternative email addresses that you may wish us to use to communicate with you.
You can also turn off email notifications from the Account page within your Settings. This will immediately disable all email notifications, other than essential account notifications such as important service updates, reports of copyright infringement and other essential information relating to your account and your use of the Platform.
It is also possible to unsubscribe from email newsletters and notifications (other than essential account notifications) at any time by clicking on the link at the end of each email.
Information on how to block or disable cookies is included in our Cookies Policy. Further information is available at: http://aboutcookies.org
You can use the settings within our iOS device or within the Android app to opt-out of analytics tracking and bug reporting. For the opt-out, if you are using our iOS app, go to the settings of your iOS device and open the CubeiTz tab. With an Android device you need to open the CubeiTz. app and open the basic settings tab within. From there you can simply disable analytics and/or bug reporting to stop any analytics data or bug reporting information being sent from the app. Further information is available in our Cookies Policy.
Deleting your account
You can delete your account from the Account page within your Settings on the Website at any time. Please bear in mind that, if you delete your account, all data associated with your account, including all content contained within Cubes that you have uploaded and the usage data associated with those Cubes, will be deleted and may not be recoverable. You are therefore advised to copy or backup all content uploaded to your account before you delete your account.
Even if you delete your CubeiTz. account, it is possible that your information may still show up in some internet search results for a short while afterwards, if the search engine maintains a temporary cache of web pages. Search engines’ caching processes are outside of CubeiTz control and therefore we cannot be responsible for any information that remains cached by search engines after that information has been removed from the Platform.
Access to your Data
As described above, most of the personal information you provide to us can be accessed and updated in the Settings page of your CubeiTz account. If you wish to access, amend or delete any other personal information we hold about you, or if you have any objection to the processing of any information that we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the address provided below.
If you ask us to delete your account (either via the Settings page or by email), we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal information in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
International data transfers
CubeiTz is not intended for use by children. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to use the Platform and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person who is under the age of 13 or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such data, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
Don’t want to give us your information?