The challenge for education
Whether in primary, secondary or further education the volume of information and personal data collected and used by all institutions has always been high. As the education system has digitised and the legislative framework surrounding education has increased, the level of information stored by and requested from institutions has significantly increased.
The higher education commission has made a distinction between what it calls ‘static data’ and ‘fluid data’. Static data is that which is collected, recorded and stored by institutions and traditionally includes student records, staff data, financial data and estates data. Fluid data is the data that is generated through the increasingly digital way a student interacts with their institution, such as swipe card data from access controlled buildings, log-ins to the virtual learning environment (VLE) and e-books or online journal downloads.
The result of this shift has seen a significant rise in the volume of information being captured and within an institution there is a need for this information to be shared to ensure a student’s educational development is managed effectively. Supporting teaching staff in managing this has become more digitised and daily interactions with students are often recorded and managed electronically with information shared electronically between staff and pupils.
With its multiple components built into the single platform, Cubeitz unified data management solution can help education institutions both to protect the information they collect but also support in the sharing and collaborative consumption of the data.
Using the full power of Cubeitz, every pupil could have their own “cube” in which they hold all of the details about themselves. This “cube” could follow a student through their career and across institutions. It is possible for parents and teachers to be granted access to read or write information to this cube, and equally place information in the cube, such as student reports or reviews, that are read-only for the pupil.
With the integrated workflow it is possible to use Cubeitz to obtain consent for the consumption or sharing information, allowing parents and pupils (as they get older) to manage their data.
At a more fundamental level Cubeitz can help all educational institutions protect the information that is stored on local devices and cloud devices ensuring all data is encrypted wherever it is saved. Academic staff can use the collaboration tools to share files and information with each other all of which is encrypted and protected.
Summary of benefits
- Simple to start – using our Cube product you can securely share files up to 100Mb
- Easy to use – simply drag and drop files to Cubeitz and they will be stored, protected and can be shared in seconds
- Store anywhere – Bring control and security to all your cloud storage providers, Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, Office 365, all of which are automatically detected
- Share easily – create shared spaces that let you separate information by client or customer and ensure it is securely segregated
- Collaborate – work with your team, pupils or parents with approval processes built-in for consent and feedback
- Control access – manage your colleagues and cross-institutional access to data with the flexibility to control rights down to individual files
- Integrate easily – Cubeitz has open connectivity to work seamlessly with your existing tools and systems so you don’t need to replace anything you use